ATM Reader overview
A replacement for PIN on Automatic Teller Machines (ATMS) to provide improved security and protection from overlooked/revealed/stolen/shared PIN authentication.
- Allows implementation on most of the available ATMs (Wincor Nixdorf, NCR, Diebold) — without need for changing the ATM
- Easy installation
- Allow operation in both indoor and outdoor ATMs
- Provided with FVS component (Win XP, Win 7) for connection to central FV server
- Anti-tamper security features.
Point of View
ATM transactions are a ‘honey-pot’ for criminals as they rely on a card which can be skimmed and a PIN which can be easily captured
Card skimmers are now being installed in a different location to the ATM (typically a petrol/diesel station) and using special devices to ‘skim’ ATM data
Advances in the technology are making these skimming devices more dangerous than ever.
Finger Vein Server (FVS) is a modular client-server software package designed for the banking sector. It provides the following main functions:
- Manages authentication process
- Manages biometric readers
- Manages secure storage and registration of biometric data
- Evidence security logger.
FVS implements a number of anti-fraud features, including: compliance with the guidelines of ISO 19092 (including checking biometric template of employees during the operation, protection against man in the middle attack, etc).
FVS was developed to support FV banking readers (ATM, branch, etc.) based on UBR modules
- Interfaces to Banking systems via Web Services
- Can be customised according to Bank’s needs
- Web based management and administration console.
Finger Vein readers are high security cryptographic devices, designed to fulfil highest security requirements in many areas (based on ISO 19 092 standard) including (but not limited to):
- Spoofing protection (hardware, software)
- Detection of foreign objects in the reader
- Logical pairing between the reader and the PC (USB)
- Or between a reader and an employee of the bank (ETH)
- Anti-tamper blockade
- Encryption of biometric templates
- Encrypted algorithm (in standby mode)
- Unique matching algorithms
- Encrypted transmission
- Challenge response
- Electronic signing of reader responses
- Security of database.
Significantly increases security around ATM transactions, as even if the ATM card is skimmed the FingerVein pattern (unlike a PIN) cannot be recorded, shared, stolen or lost.